GUEST MANUAL: Derby Apartments near City Centre
DIRECTIONS TO THE APARTMENT
28 Swinburne Street, Derby, DE1 2HJ, UK
NEAREST LONDON TRANSPORT (within 1 mile radius):
- Derby Coach Station: 15mins walk
- Derby Midlands Train Station: 17 mins walk
GOOGLE MAP LOCATION:
We use a keyless system where we assign you a key to your smartphone. You download an app via the link in the email we send you. You can open both the communal main door and the flat door with it. This key is only valid for the duration of your stay.
On-street parking (8am to 6pm) Monday to Saturday. Parking permits for the duration of your stay will be placed by the window in your lounge. We encourage guests to only use permits if required between the hours of 8am and 6pm (Mon-Sat).
Please do not allow overflow of trash/rubbish in the apartment. Please dispose them in the communal bin stores outside by the parking entrance.
There is a fire blanket identified by its bright red bag located adjacent to the kitchen sink in the kitchen.
HOT WATER & CENTRAL HEATING:
The apartment is all-electric and no gas. There is a thermostat located on the heater in the lounge of each apartment to regulate the temperature in each apartment. The water temperature for each tap can be controlled using the thermostat knob located at the base of the tap or rotating the tap head
Please keep the setting at 7 or below in order to maintain a consistent level of hot water. Above this level you may experience cold or inconsistent water temperature and/or pressure.
IRON, IRONING BOARD, CLOTHES AIRER & WASHING MACHINE:
Iron and Ironing boards are located either in the lounge or hallway of the apartment. Only apartments 3 and 5 have washing machine (only) and cloth airers which are located behind the sofabed in the lounge. Apartments 1,2 and 4 all have washer dryer machines.
The sofa can be opened up into a sofabed by lifting up the top cushion and pulling up the bed to unfold.
Each apartment has its own smart TV which has already been setup to be connected to your local wi-fi extender in your apartment. We provide Netflix to our guests to ensure maximum comfort for the duration of your stay. This has been setup for you and can be easily accessed using the ‘Netflix’ button on your remote control.
Each apartment has its own localised wi-fi which has been setup from the main Virgin Media router. It can be identified by the following SSID -> S_Stays_Aptx, where x is your apartment number. The password for each apartment is sublimestays987. We advise our guests not to tamper with the main router’s location and if required to connect to this router, the SSID and Password can be found at the back of the router.
LOCAL GROCERIES & CONVENIENCE STORES
All shops are within 0.5 mile radius.
- Aldi: Mon – Sat (8am-10pm), Sun (10am – 4pm)
- Lidl: Mon – Sat (7am-10pm), Sun (10am – 4pm)
- Sainsbury’s Local: Mon – Sun (7am-11pm)
- Bargain Buys: Mon – Sat (8:30am-6pm), Sun (10am – 4pm)
- Other local convenience stores on Normanton Road
LOCAL PUBS, BARS & RESTAURANTS
All places are within 0.5 mile radius.
- COSMO World Buffet
- Babington Arms (Wetherspoons)
- Gerard Street Fish Bar
- Quatties Caribbean
- De Vito’s Grill and Shake
- The Bell & Castle
- The New Water Margin Chinese
- Derby Royal Hospital
- London Road Community Hospital
LOCAL POINTS OF INTEREST IN DERBY
- INTU Derby Shopping Centre: 0.7 miles
- The Derby Conference Centre: 1.8 miles
- Derby Ghost Walk and Jail Museum: 1.1 miles
- Derby Museum and Art Gallery: 1.4 miles
- Derby Cathedral: 1.5 miles
- Derby War Memorial: 1.5 miles
- Markeaton Park: 1.9 miles
- Derby Football Club: 2.0 miles
- Kedleston Hall: 5.9 miles
- Elvaston Castle and Country Park: 8.3 miles
- Melbourne Hall: 8.3 miles
- Calke Abbey: 10.6 miles
- Donington Park Circuit: 10.8 miles
- Crich Tramway Village: 16.3 miles
- The Heights of Abraham: 21.7 miles
- Alton Towers: 23.6 miles
- Peak District: 28 miles
- Haddon Hall: 29.7 miles
SURROUNDING NEARBY CITIES